Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Clean slate.

So...I pretty much hate cleaning. My husband will attest to the fact that I HATE a messy house, but "lived in" doesn't bother me. However, being sick for three days and super busy yesterday has made for a disgusting house. I have 2 whole dishwasher loads of dishes, not to mention every pot and pan is dirty. I think to myself, I didn't even EAT anything for the last 4 days, how the hell did the kitchen get this messy? Oh that's right, my husband and kids are incapable of cleaning up after themselves!! Don't get me wrong, my husband does the dishes, his own laundry and really helps out around the house, but that's only after things get to my breaking point.
I have anxiety so the mess raises my anxiety level super high. I've got about half done by noon on a Wednesday, so I should be happy, but lord, I've still got at least 3 loads of laundry, vacuum the whole house and don't even get me started on the bathroom.

Aidan is being a pain today, I can't wait until he starts day camp and has something to do all day. I want to take the kids out to play at the park or something but I just have WAY too much to do around the house.So... I had to beg Aidan to clean his room. He finally did when I told him he couldn't play with the next door neighbor until it was clean enough to vacuum. So he did, and I'm happy, it will be a mess again in about 2 days, but whatever, at least he's old enough to clean it himself.
I will NOT do to my kids what my mother did to me. I don't want to come off as some slave laborer but they will definitely have responsibilities and chores around the house. I grew up in a two story house where my mother didn't have to look at my room but once a week. And about once a month she would come clean it herself. I remember when one of the neighbors neices came from Scotland and in the cutest Scottish accent she said "You have the dirtiest room I have ever seen!" And she was probably right. I guess maybe that's where my comfort from "lived in" comes, but my kids will not be having the same situation put on them. PLUS how happy will my son's future wife be when she marries a man who knows how to clean up after himself? :) I can only hope right?
Well gotta get back to the grind!

No comments:

Post a Comment