Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Job interview, round two.

So I had a second interview at Sterling today. It is the first second interview I've ever had. And the biggest thing I can take out of this is boy, it's sure a lot easier for men to get manly jobs than it is to get a simple assistant job. Resume, cover letter, references, applications, interviews, second interviews, correspondence, taking it up the rear, etc etc. Danny picks up an application, fills it out, turns it in, and has a job. Not my idea of fair. However, I think the job I'm trying to snag will end up paying me more than him. Now wouldn't that be a swing from the norm for the last 6 years!? ME actually making money, and to top it all off, more than him. I would die, and only rub it in his face once or twice...I think I deserve it!

Poor thing for him, he's sick and today was his second day at work, and I actually had to reschedule my interview yesterday to today because the sickness was rampant, dear lord. I don't think I've been sick so bad in my life! So I'm really hoping he gets better because the third day at a new job would not be the best day to call in sick.

AND Among all of this I'm trying to plan my son's 6th birthday, which is this Saturday, to say the least, I'm severely unprepared. But throughout the last 5 years I've put a lot of money, effort and thought into his birthday and sometimes it seems like a pinata and cake would have sufficed. So this year we're just going to go to the park, BBQ some burgers, let the kids play all day, get a pinata, and call it good. I'm sure he'll have a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment